Join the Wiki Community to add a comment or post a question.
Please vote for the best posts & replies. This encourages people to post useful and/or interesting topics & answers. The voting system (1^ 0v) is located on the bottom of each comment & post.
How to Post
To reply to an existing conversation, please use the "Write A Comment" box at the bottom of every message or click on a "Reply" link. To start a new topic, please use the "Post Something" button on one of the main sections.
Community Rules
  • Be civil, respect other martial arts styles and no spam! Violators will be banned.
  • Please do not post individual school events (i.e. a new Monday class), numerous links to personal blogs, etc. They will be deleted.
  • Remember to vote posts up or down.
  • Add martial arts or your style (i.e. Karate) to the title of your post in order for martial artists to find it via Google, etc.
  • New members - Please be aware that if you do not post at least once in the first month or two after you join, your account will be potentially deleted for inactivity.
  • FAQ - Answers to common questions.
  • Contribute information to main wiki.
  • Contact us
  • China: Meet Zhang Hexian, the 93-year-old Kung Fu Grandma (youtube.com)
    Watch the amazing staff work done by this 93 year old martial artist.

She is also another example that you are never too old for martial arts training.

Will
    Black Belt Wiki

Share this post with a friend.
      Theresa A Kanost She is a true Inspiration for older martial artists!! I have been involved with martial arts since age 19 & just recently turned 65! I have a Green belt in Taekwondo & Black belt in American style karate. My training was interrupted caring for my Alzheimer's mother, metastatic breast cancer & 4 years ago--a house fire in which I almost died. I now have upper airway damage, but used my form practice in rehab to get my strength back! I hope to continue my training maybe in Wing Chun! I credit my strength of spirit from martial art practice to get me thru hard times, plus my faith in God!

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter
    Facebook | Twitter

All rights reserved.
    Legal Disclaimer