Join the Wiki Community to add a comment or post a question.
Please vote for the most useful & interesting posts & comments. The voting system (1^ 0v) is located on the bottom of each comment & post.
How to Post
To reply to an existing conversation, please use the "Write A Comment" box at the bottom of every message or click on a "Reply" link. To start a new topic, please use the "Post Something" button on one of the main sections.
Community Rules
  • Be civil, respect other martial arts styles and no spam! Violators will be banned.
  • Please do not post individual school events (i.e. a new Monday class), numerous links to personal blogs, etc. They will be deleted.
  • Remember to vote posts up or down.
  • Add martial arts or your style (i.e. Karate) to the title of your post in order for martial artists to find it via Google, etc.
  • New members - Please be aware that if you do not post at least once in the first month or two after you join, your account will be potentially deleted for inactivity.
  • FAQ - Answers to common questions.
  • Contribute information to main wiki.
  • Contact us
  • 2nd try
    After my first try getting hurt during my black belt test. I am once again going to attempt my black belt test. Lets hope this one doesnt end with a trip to the ER like the last one did. My finger is as healed as it can be from July it still doesnt make a complete fist or straighten all the way out. That could be years if ever that is fixed though. Most of the swelling is gone and I can use it for most of what I could before.

Sorry I have been gone from here it is harder to get on when I am not sitting in front of a computer all day anymore.

Share this post with a friend.
      Bill Emmes Best of luck Beth!
      S.P. Hmm, how did you hurt it during the last test and which finger?
        Beth Loomer I hurt the pinky on my right hand. Dislocated and stretched/tore the ligaments and tendons. It has took more than a month and a half to start moving my finger again. I got it caught in my partners uniform during the self defense portion of my test. It happened in the first 10 minutes of my test.
      Al W Good luck [220307,Beth Loomer]
      Kim Best of luck
      Will - Black Belt Wiki Beth

I hope you are not rushing your finger. I would hate for you to damage it again. Is your doctor okay with everything?

When is your test? The best of luck.

Will
        Beth Loomer No I am not rushing it I dont think. I am very careful and will continue to be so. Anytime I am in the ring at all I wear gloves and/or wrap my hand so it doesnt get hurt. No idea what my Dr thinks of it I didnt ask. We have the test planned for the 22nd that is the only Friday available before we host our tournament on the 21st of October. The instructor and the Master of the school both want to see me as a black belt before then but were fine if I am not ready.
      Charlie Studiner Good luck,
      Christopher Adamchek Best of luck

Become a wiki community member if you want to receive our weekly newsletter with all of our recent top-rated posts!

All rights reserved.
    Legal Disclaimer